Roman and Mediaeval History, Illlustrated Travel Journals, Mediaeval Literature, Geology


13.5.08
  My Blog is Taking a Holiday

I'm leaving for Wales tomorrow and will return on May 28. Normal posting will begin soon thereafter.

Hold the thumbs for some nice weather. Rain may be typically Welsh but makes for bad photos and wet feet.

But I won't leave you without some pics.

Spring evening at the Kiessee

I finally got around to bringing my camera when I walk in the Kiessee area. It's very close to my flat and nice for an evening stroll. The only disadvantage is that a lot of people get the same idea when the weather is fine.


There are meadows where you can often find families and other groups complete with portable barbecue grill and lots of bottled beer that has been balanced on bicycle luggage holders. Fortunately I have a garden for that.


The lake is artificial and right now there are some problems with too much of that greenish stuff growing on the water. The ducks that are supposed to eat it prefer the bread they get fed. Lazy buggers.
 
Comments:
Take a gnome! And a raincoat. :)
 
Gabriele


Remember Welch Rabbit tastes yummy but is not a good plot bunny.


According to my mother the King of England was visiting Wales and requested rabbit for dinner, there wasn’t any available so the served him what they had and told him it was Welch Rabbit.

Have fun!
 
Have a great trip! Take lots of pictures. :)
 
Soothing, beautiful shots.
Do take lots of photos.
 
Happy holidays, Gabriele!
 
Have a wonderful trip!!! And thank you for the photos! (I imagine we'll have some of Wales when you get back? (said in a hopeful tone of voice!)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home


Miscellaneous musings of an aspiring Historical Fiction and Fantasy author. Illustrated essays on Roman, Dark Age and Mediaeval history, Mediaeval literature, and Geology. Some poetry translations and writing stuff. And lots of photos of old castles, cathedrals, Roman remains, and beautiful landscapes from Germany, the UK, Scandinavia, and the Baltic States.

All texts (except comments by guests) and photos (if no other copyright is noted) on this blog are copyright of Gabriele Campbell.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germany

I'm a writer of Historical Fiction and Fantasy living in Germany. I got a MA in Literature, Scandinavian Studies, Linguistics and History, I'm interested in Archaeology and everything Roman and Mediaeval, an avid reader, opera enthusiast, traveller with a liking for foreign languages and odd rocks, and photographer.


e-mail

Twitter