Roman and Mediaeval History, Illlustrated Travel Journals, Mediaeval Literature, Geology


28.4.11
  Rainbows

This could be right from the cover of a travel magazine. The Norwegian flag in the stern of the Richard With, framed by one of those beautiful rainbows I saw during my voyage.

Rainbow in the Brønnøysund

The second one is seen from the bow of the ship approaching a harbour. It's already fading, and the rain had let up when we had some time to disembark and walk through the town of Molde in the evening.

Rainbow over Molde

That gave me the chance to catch a nice shot of our ship at anchor, taking in some cargo. I should present her in some detail in another post.

The Richard With

On another note, the birch pollen are finally easing up here which means I can cut down on the antihistamine and maybe manage to stay awake for a change, lol. I'm really glad I escaped about two weeks of that mess this year; the pollen are particularly aggressive.
 
Comments:
Spectacular photographs. No wonder the rainbow was seen as a bridge between the worlds :-)
 
Wow, great captures, Gabriele! Stunning.

Sorry about your pollen issues; I've been suffering this year too :(
 
Thank you, Carla. Esp. the one that ends up in those graphite clouds. Makes you wonder where it goes.

Thanks, Katrhyn. Allergies are no fun; it's the reason I keep posting landscape photos instead of writing long blogposts about castles and Romans. The meds sorta make me tired.
 
Thats a great picture of the BiFrost Bridge!!!

This guy come walking back down it???

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/thor/pictures/#56
 
That's a rather well groomed Thor. :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home


Miscellaneous musings of an aspiring Historical Fiction and Fantasy author. Illustrated essays on Roman, Dark Age and Mediaeval history, Mediaeval literature, and Geology. Some poetry translations and writing stuff. And lots of photos of old castles, cathedrals, Roman remains, and beautiful landscapes from Germany, the UK and Scandinavia.

All texts (except comments by guests) and photos (if no other copyright is noted) on this blog are copyright of Gabriele Campbell.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germany

I'm a writer of Historical Fiction living in Germany. I got a MA in Literature, Scandinavian Studies, Linguistics and History, I'm interested in Archaeology and everything Roman and Mediaeval, an avid reader, opera enthusiast, traveller with a liking for foreign languages and odd rocks, and photographer.

e-mail
Twitter


Links leading outside my blog will open in a new window.
I do not take any responsibility for the content of linked sites.