Roman and Mediaeval History, Illlustrated Travel Journals, Mediaeval Literature, Geology


22.5.08
  It's Fun So Far

Just a short check-in from Caernarfon Library's internet. I'm having fun, and the weather is not too bad. I take lots of pics: let's hope they will turn out fine. I am getting tired of scrambled eggs, mushrooms, bacon and beans, though. *grin*

Those Normans really built their castles big - you can put several Hansteins into Caerphilly, for example. The Roman bath at Caerleon is the most splendid I've come across so far, and I've seen quite a few of them. The landscape in northen Wales is gorgeous and made the long bus journey from Pembroke to Caernarfon worth the effort. And I got to stop at Aberystwyth and see the castle ruins there as well. Tomorrow I'll be off to Conwy and Dolwyddelan. Gotta love those Welsh names. And I have figured out how Llywelyn is pronounced. :)
 
Comments:
Envy you.
 
Can't wait to see pictures!
 
Good to hear that you are still going strong after Chepstow ;-). I am about to put the pics up now - so yes, I will beat you to it lol!

And I cannot believe that you have forgotten how to pronounce Llywelyn so quickly hehe!

Enjoy the rest!
 
Glad to hear you're having a good time! I'll look forward t seeing your pictures when you're back.
 
Whoops, just re-read your post and I see that you HAVE mastered how to pronounce Llywelyn! *Thumps head on desk a few times!*

But.... can you still pronouce Hugh???
 
Lol. Llywelyn is about the only Welsh name I can pronounce, too. :)

Glad to hear you're having a good time. I'm looking forward to those pictures.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home


The Lost Fort is a blog based on my travels in Germany, the UK and other places, with essays on Roman and Mediaeval history illustrated with lots of photos of old castles, cathedrals, Roman remains, and beautiful landscapes. You may also find the odd essay about geology or Mediaeval literature.

All texts (except comments by guests) and photos (if no other copyright is noted) on this blog are copyright of Gabriele Campbell.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germany

I'm a blogger from Germany with a MA in Literature and History which doesn't pay my bills, so I use it to research blogposts instead. I'm interested in everything Roman and Mediaeval, avid reader and sometimes writer, opera enthusiast, traveller with a liking for foreign languages and odd rocks, photographer, and tea aficionado. And an old-fashioned blogger who hasn't yet gotten an Instagram account. :-)


e-mail

Twitter