My Illlustrated Travel Journal with Essays about Roman and Mediaeval History and some Geology


22.5.05
  Let's see how this works

Since many of my friends have blogs, I thought I'd get one, too.

I'm not yet sure what I'm going to do with it, lol. Book reviews? That's an idea - if you like the odd mix of fe. David Gemmell, George Eliot, Bernard Cornwell, Thomas Mann, Halldór Laxness, Lois McMaster Bujold, GRR Martin and Sir Walter Scott. Not to mention German books that publishers never translate.

Ranting about my life? I'm not someone brave enough to do that in public. Posts about the historical research I do for my novels? Another idea worth pursuing. Though I doubt anyone will read about the little wooden tablets with scribblings they found at Vindolanda or the change of command structure in the Roman army between 120 and 400 AD. But isn't blogging like talking to the air in hope someone listens

Well, I'll have to see how this blog thingie will proceed.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home


The Lost Fort is a travel journal and history blog based on my travels in Germany, the UK, Scandinavia, and other places. It includes essays on Roman and Mediaeval history, as well as some geology, illustrated with photos of old castles and churches, Roman remains, and beautiful landscapes.

All texts (except comments by guests) and photos (if no other copyright is noted) on this blog are copyright of Gabriele Campbell.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germany

I'm a blogger from Germany with a MA in Literature and History which doesn't pay my bills, so I use it to research blogposts instead. I'm interested in everything Roman and Mediaeval, avid reader and sometimes writer, opera enthusiast, traveller with a liking for foreign languages and odd rocks, photographer, and tea aficionado. And an old-fashioned blogger who hasn't yet gotten an Instagram account. :-)


e-mail


    Featured Posts


A Tour through Mediaeval Paderborn



Cardiff Castle



The Isis Temple in Mainz



The Fram Museum in Oslo



Staffa