Roman and Mediaeval History, Illlustrated Travel Journals, Mediaeval Literature, Geology


26.12.08
  Historical Christmas Wishes

Trust Susan Higginbotham and Nan Hawthorne to come up with some fun. What some historical characters would like to find under the Christmas tree.

  • Varus: To just get OUTTA HERE.
  • Arminius: Roman baths.
  • Segestes: An obedient daughter.
  • Caligula: Shiny new boots.
  • Nero: An e-guitar.
  • Agricola: Caledonia.
  • Calgacus: More PS to my chariot.
  • Maximinus Thrax: More wine.
  • Honorius: Some sheets to hide under until the Visigoths are gone.
  • Charlemagne: A new rearguard.
  • Heinrich I: Fowling equipment. A crown would be nice, too.
  • Heinrich IV: A pope's head or two in a vinegar jar.
  • Heinrich the Lion of Saxony: My lands back.
  • Friedrich Barbarossa: A life jacket.
  • Eleanor of Aquitaine: Marriage counselling for my husband. It's not my fault.
  • Henry II: Family therapy for my wife and sons. It's not my fault.
  • Llywelyn Fawr. Glass windows for Criccieth Castle.
  • Richard III: A horse.
  • William Wallace: The director of Braveheart.
  • Duke of Wellington: Night. Or the Prussians.


  • Here's the reason why Llywelyn wants new windows
     
    Comments:
    Love 'em! And I do hope Llywelyn gets those new windows.
     
    Great stuff. William Wallace made me laugh. Happy holidays. :)
     
    I love it... imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.. the ones I laugh4ed most at were Eleanor and Henry II.

    By the way, Charlemagne is contemporary to my fictional King Lawrence.

    Nan
     
    Thank you, Susan. Come think of it, Llywelyn needs a new roof, too. Damn expensive castle maintenance.

    Shelley, I'm sure he'd love to show Mel Gibson the real Scotland, mwuahah. Happy Holidays to you as well.

    Thank you, Nan. I keep filching Susan's fun memes, that's not the first one. :)
    I have a plotbunny about Charlemagne in my files (or under the bed where I keep the buggers) as well. But first I'll have to finish the Romans and that Fantasy NiP.
     
    Great stuff. It's a glorious view from those glass-less windows, at least on a fine day
     
    Lots of wind, though, Carla. :)

    But yes, it was a glorious view and a fine, sunny day.
     
    Llywelyn deserves new windows! What a view.
     
    LOL! This was great, Gabriele. It inspired me to do something similar with my own characters, when I get better
     
    Thank you, Barbara and booklover.
     
    Roflol. Love 'em!

    Agricola: Caledonia

    With Ireland as a stocking-filler, maybe? :)

    I'll add:

    Caratacus: A home in the sun. Fed up roughing it in rainy Britain, anyway.

    Boudicca: Catus Decianus' delicates in a jar.

    Venutius: A good divorce lawyer.

    Septimius Severus: Family therapy for the kids. Don't know where I went wrong with those two.

    Caracalla: To be an only child.

    Macbeth: William Shakespeare. By the throat.

    Ghost of Aonghas Og: A new harpist.
     
    Roflol Kirsten. Love the Venutius one, and Septimius should have a talk with Henry II. Being a father is so not easy. ;)
     
    Post a Comment

    << Home


    Miscellaneous musings of an aspiring Historical Fiction author. Illustrated essays on Roman, Dark Age and Mediaeval history, Mediaeval literature, and Geology. Some poetry translations and writing stuff. And lots of photos of old castles, cathedrals, Roman remains, and beautiful landscapes from Germany, the UK, Scandinavia, and the Baltic States.

    All texts (except comments by guests) and photos (if no other copyright is noted) on this blog are copyright of Gabriele Campbell.

    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Germany

    I'm a writer of Historical Fiction living in Germany. I got a MA in Literature, Scandinavian Studies, Linguistics and History, I'm interested in Archaeology and everything Roman and Mediaeval, an avid reader, opera enthusiast, traveller with a liking for foreign languages and odd rocks, and photographer.


    e-mail

    Twitter