Roman and Mediaeval History, Illlustrated Travel Journals, Mediaeval Literature, Geology


19.2.09
  A Peaceful Evening in Wales

Here are some pictures of the yacht harbour in Caernarfon. I love looking at water and when I found a restaurant overlooking the harbour, I decided it was the perfect place for dinner, and I was lucky to get a table at a window.

The harbour in the evening

I'm fascinated by the tide. I've spent several childhood holidays at the Baltic Sea and that one is not tidal; probably the reason I like to watch the tide coming in.

And at night

It was a lovely evening. People around me spoke Welsh which sounds beautiful, the food and the wine were good, the sea was calm, and I didn't want to be elsewhere that night.
 
Comments:
It doesn't rain all the time in Wales. Most of the time, but not all of it! hehehe! Love the commentary from the guidebook!
 
Lovely!
 
What a lovely evening! I'm particuarly interested in Caernarfon, as you-know-who was born there. :-)
 
Anerje, I was lucky, I only had one rainy afternoon and one rainy day in two weeks.

Thank you, Meghan.

Lol, I know, Alianore. And I have some pics of the room in which Edward II is said to have been born, though there are doubts whether that part of the castle was already inhabitable at the time of Ed's birth. Maybe Ed's soft spot for thatching and thus come from the early childhood experience of living on a construction site. :)
 
Baeutiful. Sounds like a perfect evening.
 
It was a perfect evening, Carla.
 
Sounds lovely, and way back in my family tree on my mother's side is welsh.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home


Miscellaneous musings of an aspiring Historical Fiction and Fantasy author. Illustrated essays on Roman, Dark Age and Mediaeval history, Mediaeval literature, and Geology. Some poetry translations and writing stuff. And lots of photos of old castles, cathedrals, Roman remains, and beautiful landscapes from Germany, the UK, Scandinavia, and the Baltic States.

All texts (except comments by guests) and photos (if no other copyright is noted) on this blog are copyright of Gabriele Campbell.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germany

I'm a writer of Historical Fiction and Fantasy living in Germany. I got a MA in Literature, Scandinavian Studies, Linguistics and History, I'm interested in Archaeology and everything Roman and Mediaeval, an avid reader, opera enthusiast, traveller with a liking for foreign languages and odd rocks, and photographer.


e-mail

Twitter