Roman and Mediaeval History, Illlustrated Travel Journals, Mediaeval Literature, Geology


12.1.12
  Random Photos

My Motivation's still on holiday and the weather is so warm that the first pollen are busy looking for inflammable noses. Well, at least the temperature is said to get more winterly the next days, though still not cold enough for my taste. But it might help with the stuffed nose and the headache.

Poinsettia on my windowsill

Here's a pretty poinsettia. I usually keep some on the windowsill from mid-November to about the end of January because I like the bright red leaves - a bit of colour agaisnt the dreary winter background outside. The rocks between the flower pots are random cool looking picks from Harz hiking tours.

Stuffed teddy XXL - a polar bear

This was taken during my Norway tour in a museum in Hammerfest. I met with an American family on the Hurtigruten ship and we spent some fun time together. That slightly ironic half-grin is my "well, let's play the typical tourist for a moment here"- look I get on most photos. The bear is much prettier.
 
Comments:
Good to see you here, Gabriele. Happy New Year!
 
At least it's become a bit colder in the last few days! I can't stand this excessively mild weather, either. Yuck.
 
XXL teddy bear indeed! Not sure I'd like to get that close to a polar bear, even a stuffed one :-)
Hope you feel better soon.
 
Happy New Year to you as well, Vicky.

Kathryn, and tomorrow spring is back. The ugly version with the rain and storm. ;)

Thank you, Carla. I admit I'd love to travel to Svalbard and see some live ones, albeit not that close. :) But that sort of trip is waaay beyond my budget.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home


The Lost Fort is a blog based on my travels in Germany, the UK and other places, with essays on Roman and Mediaeval history illustrated with lots of photos of old castles, cathedrals, Roman remains, and beautiful landscapes. You may also find the odd essay about geology or Mediaeval literature.

All texts (except comments by guests) and photos (if no other copyright is noted) on this blog are copyright of Gabriele Campbell.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germany

I'm a blogger from Germany with a MA in Literature and History which doesn't pay my bills, so I use it to research blogposts instead. I'm interested in everything Roman and Mediaeval, avid reader and sometimes writer, opera enthusiast, traveller with a liking for foreign languages and odd rocks, photographer, and tea aficionado. And an old-fashioned blogger who hasn't yet gotten an Instagram account. :-)


e-mail

Twitter