My Illlustrated Travel Journal with Essays about Roman and Mediaeval History and some Geology


2.6.09
  And Off We Go

The blog will be on hiatus until around June 18th, while I explore the Antonine Wall, some Scottish castles and cathedrals, Iona and other interesting places and beautiful landscapes.

Statue of Robert the Bruce, Bannockburn / Stirling

What will be less fun is dragging around that big suitcase, but in Scotland, you'll have to pack for every weather. Including snowstorms in June. *grin*
 
Comments:
Have a great time up North. I look forward to your reports when you return.
 
Have a lovely holiday!
 
I am jealous now. I wish I visit Scotland one day too. Have a wonderful trip and bring us some photos :)
 
Have fun!
 
Have fun! Scotland is wonderful. Even in March when it is rainy and cold...
 
Thank you, everyone. So far the weather's been a bit of a mix, but not too bad overall. I've revisted some places I had seen in 1998 (fe. Edinburgh Castle, Dunfermline) and and visited some new ones (Inchcolm, among others). Took a lot of photos - let's hope they'll turn out fine.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home


The Lost Fort is a travel journal and blog based on my travels in Germany, the UK, Scandinavia, Flanders, and the Baltic Coast. It includes essays on Roman and Mediaeval history, and some geology, which are illustrated with lots of photos of old castles and churches, Roman remains, and beautiful landscapes.

All texts (except comments by guests) and photos (if no other copyright is noted) on this blog are copyright of Gabriele Campbell.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germany

I'm a blogger from Germany with a MA in Literature and History which doesn't pay my bills, so I use it to research blogposts instead. I'm interested in everything Roman and Mediaeval, avid reader and sometimes writer, opera enthusiast, traveller with a liking for foreign languages and odd rocks, photographer, and tea aficionado. And an old-fashioned blogger who hasn't yet gotten an Instagram account. :-)


e-mail

Twitter