My Illlustrated Travel Journal with Essays about Roman and Mediaeval History and some Geology


25.11.15
  Ain't it Pretty?

I managed to write the required 50,000 words to 'win' Nano. And a few days ahead to boot. When I registered my active participation this year, I had low expectations about the chance to win, but since several online friends do it, I decided to join. Well, it paid off. :-)


It was sheer stubbornness that kept me going some days when I didn't feel like writing after a stressful day at the job. But once I got into the flow, I usually could write a fair bit. Continuing to write the amount of words I did these last 25 days would take too much time off other things - like writing blog posts, for example - but I hope I can take some of the discipline with me into the next months.

 
Comments:
Congratulations, Gabriele! Well done!
 
na, dann mal zu, genieße den Tag
 
Glückwunsch! Toll, da hat sich die Mühe ja gelohnt. Ich freue mich für Dich. :-)
Liebe Grüße von der Silberdistel
 
Congratulations Gabrielle! Way to power through. :)
 
CONGRATULATIONS! Well done - what an achievement!
 
Thank you, everyone.
 
I ended Nano with a whooping 58,500 words and then used the impetus to add some more during the first days in December.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home


The Lost Fort is a travel journal and history blog based on my travels in Germany, the UK, Scandinavia, and other places. It includes essays on Roman and Mediaeval history, as well as some geology, illustrated with photos of old castles and churches, Roman remains, and beautiful landscapes.

All texts (except comments by guests) and photos (if no other copyright is noted) on this blog are copyright of Gabriele Campbell.
My Photo
Name:
Location: Germany

I'm a blogger from Germany with a MA in Literature and History which doesn't pay my bills, so I use it to research blogposts instead. I'm interested in everything Roman and Mediaeval, avid reader and sometimes writer, opera enthusiast, traveller with a liking for foreign languages and odd rocks, photographer, and tea aficionado. And an old-fashioned blogger who hasn't yet gotten an Instagram account. :-)


e-mail


    Featured Posts


A Virtual Tour Through the Wartburg



Dunstaffnage Castle



The Roman Fort at Osterburken



The Vasa Museum in Stockholm



The Raised Bog Mecklenbruch in the Solling